Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Flight MH17

Last week, while getting ready to go to work, I turned on the TV to check the weather. This is something I often do to see if I can ride my bike to work or if I should take the bus. 

But the images that I saw on that morning, taught me more than that day's climate. The image of the crashed plane, the smoke and fire billowing into the sky, and the reporter's voice informing me that this crash was not an accident but rather was intentionally shot down, is something that wouldn't leave my mind until several days after. 


Since that time, countries around the world have taken turns blaming either the pro-Russians separatists or the Ukrainian military. Investigations have also been started about the handling of the evidence from the plane crash. 


Hopefully, in the near future we will have more detailed information about the cause of this crash.  

As of right now, very few people know the truth, and those that do know aren't sharing it with the rest of the world. 

Either way, almost 300 innocent lives have been lost due to someone else's war. Although we should investigate and find out who caused this tragedy, I feel we must also not forget about those people who's lives were sacrificed.  (Mike)