Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Another Way to Study English

Although I've written about this topic before, I would like to introduce a few more ways for you to improve your English.  Today I'm going to be talking about a few more podcasts that I regularly enjoy. Many of you may already be familiar with podcasts and use them regularly. However I'm sure there are more than a few students that do not know what a podcast is.  A podcast is basically an online radio show. These "radio shows" can be heard either from a website or downloaded into your phone or computer and you can listen to them whenever.  First off, my favorite podcast currently is The Four Hour Work Week. 

The host of this website is Tim Ferriss. Tim Ferriss is an American author, entrepreneur, and public speaker. In 2007, he published The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich, which was a No. 1 New York Times bestseller On his podcast, Tim Ferriss regularly interviews famous and successful people. Be sure to check it out!  Second up, is Radio Lab! 
Radio Lab focuses on topics of a scientific and philosophical nature. The show tries to talk about difficult topics such as "time" and "morality" in a light-hearted style.  I often listen to this podcast when I'm washing dishes. I really enjoy listening to the deep conversations that regularly influence how I think. This is a good night-time listen!  Enjoy! (Mike)